Frequently Asked Questions
Who can host an event at the Conference Center at Li Ka Shing?
- The Paul & Mildred Berg Hall Conference Center is part of Stanford University and as such, is a private, tax-exempt venue. It is available for events directly organized, planned, and managed by a Stanford school or department, registered student group, LPCH, or SHC. Events must be consistent with the educational mission of Stanford University and intended primarily for Stanford alumni, faculty, students, and staff. Unaffiliated outside entities must first approach a related department that's willing to take ownership and partnership committing to financial, active planning, and participating responsibilities. Please visit the Office of Special Events and Protocol (OSEP) for more information about sponsored events.
How far in advance of my event date can I reserve space in the Li Ka Shing Center?
- You may reserve space in the Li Ka Shing Center up to 1 year in advance of your event. While your reservation is being held, only a program sponsored by the Office of the Dean of the School of Medicine may override your event. Bear in mind that we make every effort to preserve your date and we will contact you immediately if a scheduling conflict arises.
Who will staff my event from the Li Ka Shing Center?
- A member of the Li Ka Shing Events team will be onsite to assist you during your event. We require that your organization provide at least one key contact person who will work with us in coordinating your event. You or your organization are responsible for the main event staffing, and we require that at least one key individual serve as the main contact person throughout the planning and be at the event itself.
Does the Li Ka Shing Center provide tables and chairs, audiovisual equipment, set-up assistance, etc.?
- Depending on the set-up needs of your event, either the Li Ka Shing Center events team or Event Services will provide the appropriate equipment and set-up assistance. Our staff will advise you based upon your event requirements. If your event requires Event Services, we will notify you. We will complete and submit the appropriate work order(s) on your behalf.
How do I arrange additional parking for large conferences at the Li Ka Shing Center?
- Should your event require special parking assistance, please contact the Li Ka Shing Center Events team for recommendations. Once we have discussed your options, please contact Parking & Transportation Services (PT&S) at email@example.com or at (650) 723-9362, Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
What is the reservation cancellation policy?
- Cancellation of a confirmed reservation within one year will result in full charges for all planned meeting room rental fees. In the event the space can be resold for another event, the Client will not be responsible for any rental fees.
Cancellations must be made in writing, via e-mail or fax.
|Board Room||Classroom||Theater||Tiered Seating||U-Shape||Reception||Banquet|
|Berg Hall A||40||80||120||84||30||200||120|
|Berg Hall B||40||80||120||84||30||200||120|
|Berg Hall C||40||80||120||84||30||200||120|
|Berg Hall A/B||40||160||275||172||40||450||240|
|Berg Hall B/C||40||160||275||172||40||450||240|
|Y&Y Pre-Function Area||—||—||—||—||—||200||—|
|2nd Floor Terrace||—||—||—||—||—||40||—|